Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 2, 2014

First post! {Fall in Florida}

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my first post! I'm really excited to start blogging my outfits every day or when I can. On January 6th, I'll be starting a new full time job (eeek!) but I'll be keeping up with this as much as possible. A lot of my weekday outfits will be business chic for a bit until I officially know the dress code of this job. 

I'm not sure how this all works, so I'm learning as I go. Suggestions are always appreciated :)

I'm sorry the pictures aren't very cute right now but I just ordered a tripod so that I may take pictures outside with nicer surroundings.

Ok, here we go.



{Plaid shirt: Forever 21, White undershirt: Forever 21, Leggings: Victoria's Secret, Boots: Old Navy, Pearls: Vintage, Watch: Swatch}

I just went Christmas shopping so I'm really excited to wear all of my new clothes. I've also moved on from constantly buying and wearing dresses to buying separates and being able to make a lot of different outfits with the same 2-3 items. Don't get me wrong, I still love my dresses but they don't necessarily fit in with the fall, even in Florida. Although the weather is incredibly hot outside, I refuse to accept it and I'm dressing as if it were 60 degrees as opposed to 90 degrees. 

I wore this outfit to breakfast with my dad where he gave me my Christmas presents, one of which was the camera I used to take these pictures. 

The shirt is actually flannel so, contrary to what my mom thought, it actually didn't make me suffocate, it kept me warm at breakfast where I was the lucky one to sit under the air vent. The leggings and boots have become a staple in my wardrobe so you'll be seeing a lot more of them. And finally, my pearls. They were my mom's and I borrowed them one day a few years ago and have yet to give them back. I love the layering look of the pearls especially with a seemingly simple outfit.

Happy 2014!

-B






No comments:

Post a Comment